From the Grab Bag is a collection of vignettes about the personal experiences our members have encountered while doing Swedish genealogy. We welcome SGSM members to submit their own stories of 500-750 words based on their personal experiences. Please submit your stories and related images to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you.
Suggested topics are:
- Success stories.
- Brick walls.
- Genealogy adventures and misadventures (e.g. travel, cemetery, visits to the old homestead, serendipity).
- Tips on travel to Sweden.
- Swedish customs and traditions your family kept alive in America.
- Family “skeletons in the closet”.
- DNA connections – how people have made family connections thru DNA testing.